Wednesday, May 15, 2013

nursery projects

We've had a few projects going for the nursery, due to Hammond's new skills and to his ever-growing toy collection.

The first was this chalkboard wall above his crib.  If you remember, we'd had these framed prints (from Guess How Much I Love You) above.  One day I came in to find this....



And the next day, I heard a big thud and found one frame had been pulled off the wall.

So I knew it was time for a change.  I'd seen something similar at a friend's house, and decided to try it myself.  I used Martha Stewart's super simple tutorial so that I could make it whatever color of my choosing.  I used a hot glue gun to glue a rope as a border, and voila.  Should last us at least through the next year of seasons...I hope.




I also bought some super cheap rubber band gliders from Amazon that I strung from the ceiling...kind of like my own make-shift mobile...to fill some dead space above the new baskets that are housing all of our fun, new big(ger) boy toys.  

0 comments: