Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pumpkin Everywhere

Every year, about this time, I tend to go a little pumpkin crazy (last year's post here, the year before's here).  I love having pumpkins around the house, I crave pumpkin flavors, and if you ask my husband he would tell you that it's a little out of control.  Now that I'm home most of the day, I cook about 90% of my meals and I have some time to experiment.  So, this year might be the most creative I've ever been with my pumpkin endeavors.  


For our college small group, I made Lindsay's pumpkin whoopee pies.  They are creamy and delicious, were such a hit, and have about 1/3 the calories.


I was craving soup as the weather has been a bit cooler, and saw a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Soup with Prawns and Thai Basil somewhere online.  It combines some of my favorite things - pumpkin, thai, shrimp...yum!  Plus, back when Jamie went to plant our new herbs for the spring summer, he bought Thai Basil because it smelled good!  I have had no idea what to use it for, and then this recipe came along!  Just in time for us to rip out the herb trough. :)


A few other recipes I've tried - 
- this healthier version of pumpkin bread
- pumpkin sauce (not sure I'd recommend this...it was interesting!)
- and I'm still trying to find the perfect homemade pumpkin spice latte...anybody got any ideas?  Of course, I'm searching for that perfectly healthier version that tastes like Starbucks. :)

Anything pumpkin-y that you've tried recently and would recommend?  

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I had no idea you loved pumpkin so much ;-)

I remember that pumpkin bread you brought in one morning that was delish!

I made these pumpkin "cookies" that were good, but they're not sweet more like energy/protein bites: http://pinterest.com/pin/151644712424129765/

Miss you!

Molly Hargather said...

Yum! That's even better if they're not too sweet...you know, I don't crave pumpkin any other time than now. It's hard not to when the weather starts getting cooler.

Miss you, too! Lunch date soon??