This was my inspiration for an empty wall space in our bedroom...
I won't take you through the whole tutorial on here, but you can find a basic one that I followed loosely here.
what I started with (thank you husband for grabbing the pallet!)
Too much time and too much sweat and soreness later, I discovered we had one of these ---->>>>
Made my life, and this project so much easier!
about half way through
The only significant difference b/t the way I did my shelves and the
tutorial I linked to is that I didn't nail the bottom of the shelves into place.
It was just going to be too much. Instead, I measured the bottom pieces
of wood (from the leftover pallet) to exactly match the width of the
opening. Then I used wood glue and a hot glue gun to set in place!